Welcome to Rivercastle, the once rich trading town that is slowly falling into decline nowadays. The imperial governor doesn't care about his duties and all he does is hunt and carousing. Plaster walls of the theater crack, and the director of the local academy of natural philosophy (a small establishment, yet very proud one) spends his time not in the silence of the classrooms, but in the company of some shady characters that have established some kind of an amateur occultist society... No wonder that of all the vast pantheon townspeople respect the god of lazy contemplation and hedonism. In fact, the head of the city temple is also the Archpriest of this deity.
But those who are living such a stable life sometimes can't notice a sinister danger that remains hidden from human minds and eyes. The evil that has been lurking nearby for quite a long time is now ready to strike at any moment.
The dark gods are turning their gaze towards this town. You are one of the many servants of the strife god, and your task is to possess the mind of the local archpriest in order to sow wickedness and discordance in the town. But your character is a disembodied demon, so you'll have to reach your dark goal by the hands of townsmen. Possess the people and do evil through them to spread panic and discord in this pious neighbourhood. But avoid temples: their influence can weaken your strength. With each believer forsaking his or her beliefs you will bring darkness closer, and plunge this town into it the moment when even the Archpriest finally loses his faith.
• You're a disembodied spirit! Possess the townsfolk so they'd become your hands and voice.
• When you control somebody, you can talk or otherwise interact with another people or buildings. Persuade, deceive, ask provocative questions - do what's best to make people doubt in their patron god!
• The faith of each believer powers the temple that he or she use to attend. Each temple creates a Divine Area around itself, where you can't stay for long, because it quickly drains your demonic energy, and you can even cease to exist if you don't flee away!
• Your task is to undermine people's faith in any way possible: manipulate, look for weak spots, enter theological discussions or openly call to come to the side of the dark gods, for they have delicious sesame pretzels.
• The weaker is the faith of the parishioners, the smaller is the Divine Area around the temples, and the higher your chances to successfully sneak to the town center and possess the archpriest. That's where the real fun begins!
• Different ways to achieve your ultimate goal;
• Various character interactions that directly affect the gameplay;
• A tongue-in-cheek fantasy world, the details and lore of which are revealed through the dialogues with characters.